Mental Health Resources
*Mental health disorders account for over 50% of the total disease burden in youth
*Led by depression, anxiety, substance use disorders, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia
*Almost 1 in 4 youth aged 12-25 years experience a mental disorder in any year
*% of Mental Illnesses that presents by age 24: 75%
*% of Youth with illness who access treatment for mental illness: 25%
The following resources can help youth connect to wellness:
- eMental Health– ementalhealth.ca – Search for mental health services, help and support anywhere in Canada
- Mind Check– mindcheck.ca – Check out how you are feeling; connect with resources, support, education, and self-care tools.
- Mind Your Mind– mindyourmind.ca – Search for facts and strategies for mental health and wellness, interactive tools for education and managing wellness.
- Teen Mental Health– teenmentalhealth.org – Tools & resources to help educate yourself on mental illness
- Kelty Mental Health– keltymentalhealth.ca – Resource center for mental illness and substance use, linking youth with support options, education, and tips to healthy living
Self Help Tools:
- Here to Help– heretohelpbc.ca – For self-help resources for mental health and substance use from BC Partners for Mental Health
- Anxiety BC Youth– youth.anxietybc.com – Collection of self-help guides offering step-by-step advice on dealing with anxiety and related symptoms.
- Walk Along: Your journey to Mental Wellness– https://www.walkalong.ca/ – Your online mental health companion to map and track your journey, a collection of tips and self-help resources for mental health.
- Healthy Minds App– problem solving tool to help deal with emotions and stress and keep your mind healthy
- Mind Your Mood– easy to use app that allows you to track your moods securely on your phone
- MindShift– tool to help you cope and manage your anxiety
- BoosterBuddy– tool to help you improve your mental health